Access Instruction Page
The Commission on Higher Education strives to make its Official Web Site accessible for all users, including people with disabilities. If you have any questions or comments about the accessibility of this site, feel free to email the webmaster .
General Web Site Layout
The web pages are consistent with its design and row/column positions all throughout the web site. It uses the 3-row format. The design specifications are as follows:
- The top most row/bar has the Home Link and Site Map links for easier access. It also has the CHED logo.
- The second row is composed of major links:
- The Commission
- CHED Services
- Projects and Programs
- Contact Us
- The third row is composed of two columns. The first column contains the navigational links within the Major links.
- The second column contains the data and information of the chosen link.
Accessibility and usability features
- Images on the site contain alternative description "alt" tags, which help users with visual impairment who listen to the content of the site by using a screen reader. All content images include descriptive "alt" attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null "alt" attributes.
- Many links have "title" attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target (such as the headline of an article).
- Most web pages are designed to fit many screen sizes.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- Text sizes can be adjusted by the user on most browsers, improving the readability of content to persons with visual impairments.
- Every page has a link back to homepage
- At the bottom of every page, “Back to top” link is provided to allow the user to go to the top of a current page.