CHED Invitation To Bid - Security Services [March 17, 2011]
INVITATION TO BID
FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF SECURITY SERVICES FOR THE CHED – HEDC
1. The Commission on Higher Education , through the Higher Education Development Fund intends to apply the sum of Four Million Two Hundred Thousand Pesos only (Php 4,200,000.00) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for the Procurement of Security Services for the CHED - HEDC. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at Bid opening.
2.The Commission on Higher Education now invites bids for the Procurement of Security Services for the CHED - HEDC . Bidders should have completed, within 3 years from the date of submission and receipt of bids, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II. Instructions to Bidders.
3. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”.
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines, and to citizens or organizations of a country the laws or regulations of which grant similar rights or privileges to Filipino citizens, pursuant to RA 5183 and subject to Commonwealth Act 138.
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Commission on Higher Education, BAC Secretariat and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below during office hours between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm . The Pre-Bid Conference is scheduled on March 29, 2011 at 10:00am .
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested Bidders on March 17 - 28, 2011 from the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee for the Bidding Documents in the amount of Four Thousand Two Hundred Pesos only (Php 4,200.00).
It may also be downloaded from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (www.philgeps.net ) and the website of the Procuring Entity (www.ched.gov.ph ), provided that Bidders shall pay the non-refundable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 9:00 AM of April 12, 2011 . All Bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms and in the amount stated in ITB Clause 18.
Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below. Late bids shall not be accepted.
7. The Commission on Higher Education reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, to annul the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
8. For further information, please refer to: